Breast sagging, no matter what they say about it being a normal part of aging, is hardy an acceptable sight. Ligaments stretch and connective tissues break down, along with thinning skin – the telltale signs and causes of sagging. There isn’t much that can be done to stop it from happening if you’re in the stage of life that most of aging signs have shown, but you can minimize sagging and perk up your breasts the natural, healthy way. Here are some tips to follow.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet and exercise regularly. Did you know that gaining and losing weight cause changes in how your breasts look? Weight gain cause breast enlargement, and your skin stretches. Once you lost the weight, your breast skin can look stretched and often appear empty, and with a saggy look. This is why you should stick to a healthy eating plan, with plenty of vegetables, lean protein, and whole grains. Stay away from junk food and processed stuff. Follow a regular exercise routine as well, with about 30 minutes of cardio on most days of the week, increasing your workout time and frequency as your body adapts.
- Build your pectoral muscles, which give the appearance of firm breasts. Strength training is recommended here, as it effectively tones your pectorals. Include push-ups, chest presses with dumbbells, and other strength training workouts in your fitness program.
- Keep your connective tissue and skin healthy by taking the right diet and drinking plenty of fluids. This will help slow the signs of breast sagging. Eat a diet rich in vegetables and fruits, which offer an abundance of antioxidants necessary for healthy skin. The more colorful your veggie and fruit diet is, the better. As for fluid, stick to pure, clear drinking water and quality green tea.
- Protect your skin from UV damage. Use sunscreen daily, as overexposure to damaging UV rays contribute to loss of elastic and collagen, which keep your skin firm. A sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 30 can be slathered onto the exposed parts of your chest.
- Watch your posture. Poor posture can cause your breasts to droop, so make sure you have a good one that lifts your breasts up. While standing straight in front of a mirror, look at your breasts. Your back should be straight and your shoulders straight. Your head, too, should be level. If you are one who finds it tiresome to stand and sit with your back straight, you can improve your posture by strengthening your core, including your abs and back. Workouts like Pilates and yoga can be very beneficial, as are crunches, planks, and other traditional exercises.
- Quit those bad habits, including smoking. This lifestyle habit reduces collagen formation and causes collagen to degrade, which leads to reduced skin circulation. Nicotine, too, reduces thickness of skin. These different elements make your skin lose elasticity and cause premature aging. This is a great time for breast sagging, an undesirable state of your bust.